In January 2019, the Langenburg Community Development Board launched a social media marketing campaign #whylangenburg!
The campaign goals are: INFORM, CONNECT and BUILD within the community we are living in.
- To increase visibility of Langenburg as a wonderful place to raise a family, work or have a business. We showcase our business, people, facilities, recreational programs, events, non-profit organizations and groups and much more;
- To connect residents and the area with the town happenings by creating a platform for discussion, communication and active participation;
- To create a pride between locals about the place they live;
- To build an effective marketing channel to spread the word about our community.
LCDB created posts series (sub-campaigns) that are periodically posted on social media accounts to achieve above mentioned goals:
- #shoplocal (businesses stories and people behind them);
- #peopleoflangenburg (local people stories);
- #liveinlangenburg (short facts about community well-being: tax incentives, job opportunities, clean water etc.);
- #historyoflangenburg (short town history facts);
- #livelocal (posts encouraging people to live local e.i. entertain locally, attend local events, telling stories what is behind of each event);
- #langenburgtalks (interviews);
- #whatsgoingonlangenburg (list of local events).