DECEMBER 2020 - LOCAL BUSINESS MONTH!
The Town of Langenburg announced December as "Local Business Month", to highlight the importance of local businesses in our community and encourage everyone to choose local why shopping for this holiday season!
Check December 2020 Holiday Calendar and:
- show your gratitude and support by visiting businesses on their day;
- help boost businesses sales by purchasing goods and services;
- leave reviews on businesses Facebook and Google pages.
Each business has prepared something special for YOU - gifts, surprises, discounts or treats!
Dear Langenburger's, let's support our businesses and show them that we are grateful as they are supporting us and our community projects all year round!
Shop Local month reminds us that choosing to support local can make a huge difference to our local economy and keep stores and services open!
Why eat, shop and hire locally?
- Saves you time and money on trips. Instead of driving to the city you have more time to spend with your loved ones.
- Your local shops and services can offer choices and options you just can’t get anywhere else.
- Unique hand crafted items and fresher food are among the advantages.
- Being a "local” at a nearby shop or restaurant can be a great feeling. Having a shop or service owner who knows what you want, and is willing to order the things they don’t have just for you, is a whole new level of convenience. Also, you’re getting to know neighbours, newcomers and helping to build community spirit.
- Beyond feel-good community building, shopping locally has definite economic benefits. Studies suggest that each $100 spent at local independent stores in turn generates $45 of secondary local spending.
- Strong local shopping areas have a positive impact on local property values.
- Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and can provide better wages.
- Community based stores help to sustain a vibrant and charming town center which will attract tourists and other visitors.
- Local businesses generously contributing to local causes: sports, events, projects and charities (250% more than big corporations!).
- A brisk walk through your neighbourhood makes a nice dent in Health Canada’s recommended 150 minutes of exercise per week!
Langenburg Community Development Board promotes the belief that by supporting and promoting small business, we can make a huge change toward a stronger community and economy.
Visit The Town of Langenburg Business Directory and keep your money at home! EAT, SHOP, HIRE LOCAL AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Economic Development Officer