Also, take a look at our approved rest area vision and come to "come and go" branding event to tell us what you think.
The event will be on September 21st (4-7 pm) at Langenburg Community Hall!
See you there!
The Town of Langenburg is working on a new brand to represent who the community is today and what it wants to be going forward.
What is branding?
It is a combination of the thoughts, feelings, and experiences that people hold about a location. It's the character, reputation, and the enduring essence of a place. Most importantly, it's a valued promise that must be grounded in truth and reality.
Brand talks through a system of colours, fonts, graphics, logo, tag line, town appearance, bylaws, businesses, street elements, how residents talk about the community, and more. It helps set a community and an organization apart from others and support town's economic development.
Why we need branding?
The Town of Langenburg motto "Family & Friends" was created in the 1970's. It played an important role over the passed 50 years and built an attractive and strong community that we are all proud of. As the Town grew and continues to grow, it is important that our brand identity evolves and presents, who we are today and where we are going tomorrow. Our Town's new vision is "Langenburg is an active, diverse community where culture, families and business thrive; and, everyone is welcome". It shows that we are growing and need a different message and look about us.
An effective brand will:
- Create a uniqueness and awareness about our community
- Help to attract new businesses and residents
- Establish standards and consistency
- Attract Hwy#16 travelers to stop and explore
- 1 PHASE: Research and Analysis
- 2 PHASE: Brand design/look and marketing plan
- 3 PHASE: Implementation
PHASE ONE (Research and Analysis) COMPLETED
This phase is the most important. It is the foundation for our branding development project. We need to know what Langenburg is, to answer what it wants to become, and why it should matter for outsiders.
- COMPLETE. In February the BDT team conducted a survey "How we see the Town of Langenburg" which was answered by 104 town residents and 50 town visitors;
- COMPLETE. In March, 2020 the BDT team prepared the Town S.W.O.T analysis on the basis of "How we see the Town of Langenburg, 2020" survey and "Langenburg Needs Assessment Survey, 2018" survey;
- COMPLETE. In April, 2020 the BDT team started in-depth interviews;
- COMPLETE. In June, 2020 the BDT team picked one branding idea for our town that was approved by Town Council.
PHASE TWO (Brand design/look and marketing plan) ON-GOING
- COMPLETE. In August, 2020 the BDT team selected three logo designs that best represent our new town brand;
- ON-GOING. HEY, Langenburg! We have a new brand! Please read about it HERE and vote for your favourite logo design HERE.
Also, take a look at our approved rest area vision and come to "come and go" branding event to tell us what you think. The event will be on September 21st (4-7 pm) at Langenburg Community Hall! See you there!
Share your opinion with us:
Economic Development Officer
- Development: Lina Petkeviciene
- Recreation: Juli Mitschke
- Council: Tanner Hunt, Marion Firby
- LBA: Warren Vandenameele and other rotating members
- Arts: Damien McNubb, Megan Ruzycki
- R.M. community: Jill Faul
- Residents: Paul Zwick
- LCS students