Langenburg Community Thrift Shop, Castle Closet, is a non-profit organization solely funded by second-hand items and cash donations. It's a place where more than 40 volunteers share their commitment, passion, and energy to help grow the surrounding area.
OUR MISSION: To generate funds to help Langenburg and area communities to grow by donating earned profit to local groups, organizations, and individuals in need.
- Adaptability. We are flexible and responsive in meeting ever-changing needs in our community.
- Compassion. We show and create a kind and friendly atmosphere in the Langenburg area.
- Educations & Awareness. We create a place where students can volunteer and learn various community-building tactics.
- Transparency. Our meetings are open to everyone, and annual financial reports are accessible to the public.
- Safety. We ensure a safe workplace and safe second-hand items that we sell.
OUR VOLUNTEER BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- President JoAnna Thiemann
- Vice President Lina Petkeviciene
- Treasure Beryl Wagner
- Secretary Lisa Kerr
- Marketing Director Barbara Rindisbacher and Lisa Kerr
- Volunteer Director betty Buchberger
- Sales Director Mardel O'Byrne and Barbara Rindisbacher
OUR SERVICE AREA:
The Castle Closet serves surrounding communities that are welcome to volunteer or donate. The shop will support those communities by giving back to their needs.
OUR SERVICES AND PROGRAMS:
- The Castle Closet Grant. Communities can apply for the grant all year round and are reviewed monthly by the Board Of Directors.
- Youth Involvement. The shop recognizes the importance of youth involvement in community building and gladly provides students (must be at least 10 years old) with volunteer experience.
- Lost and Found Services. the shop has a lost and found corner where people can come to pick up their lost items.
- A Thrift Drive. The shop will organize a thrift drive a couple of times per year. The truck will collect donated items from people's driveways.
The Thrift Shop is under development right now and will open tentatively in September/October 2022.
Right now the shop accepts items and cash donations at the Langenburg Skating Arena on:
- Tuesdays, 12:00 - 2:00 PM
- Thursdays, 5:00 - 7:00 PM
|ACCEPTED DONATIONS||NOT ACCEPTED DONATIONS|
We invite you to join the Board of Directors or come to volunteer at the store!
Please contact our Volunteer Director Betty Buchberger, at (306) 743-7719, email@example.com
JoAnna Thiemann, President
P: (306) 401 -8080
Lina Petkeviciene, Vice-President
P: (306) 496 - 7448