The George Layh Theatre is a center of the arts in our community and is managed by The Langenburg Arts Council (LAC).
In 2005, George Layh, a retired farmer from Langenburg gifted the Arts Council with $300,000 to renovate and extend the old theatre. With strong community support, The Council raised another $100,000 to make the dream come true.
Right now the theater hosts lots of different events:
- "Stars for Saskatchewan Concert" series. The season tickets can be purchased on-line or at participating local businesses;
- Musical and Drama productions (Steel Magnolias, Crimes of the Heart, Chicago, Annie);
- Annual Adjudicated Arts Shows;
- Travelling visual Exhibits;
- Classes and workshops for adults and kids;
- Photo Contests;
- 3-4 movies/month
- and much more.
Check it out:
The theatre is available for rent!