Did you know that a community can grow, become more vibrant and be healthy with the help of dedicated people who care about the place they live, work and play in? Get involved and give back to your community! This is a great opportunity to develop new skills, build experience and knowledge, meet new people and make a big difference to the people around you.
Here are some ideas on how you can get involved:
Volunteer your time (join local non-profit groups & organizations and help them serve community):
- Langenburg Arts Council. Contact: Jan Layh, 306-496-7055.
- Langenburg Public Library. Contact: Marion Firby, 306-730-8793.
- Langenburg and District Activity Centre. Contact: Kaylee Miller, 306-743-5030
- New Horizons Seniors Club. Contact: Fern Geotz, 306-743-5292
- Rink Committee. Contact: email@example.com
- Langenburg Language Club. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swimming Pool Committee. Contact: email@example.com
- Newcomers Welcome Committee. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meals on Wheels. Contact: The Home Services Office 306-743-7005
- Join one of five Langenburg Church's Boards or their groups
More information on volunteering your time can be found here.
- Give seniors a ride to hospitals and health centers. If you can help, let our churches know.
- Family & Friends Community Foundation Inc. - collects donations and gives back to the community where funds are needed.
- Langenburg Swimming Pool Committee - is collecting donations for a brand new outdoor pool. Contact: email@example.com
- Christmas Hampers - food and household items for pure people in the region. Donations are accepted on November - December in various Town places.
- Newcomers Welcoming Committee - household items for people who moved here recently.
- Buy from local stores, vendors and use local services. LCDB runs Shop Local campaign. Check it out here.
Organize your own events or open non-profit organization:
- Think about a group for special young mom's, kids events or putting together a goodie baskets for hospitals and retirement homes. If you want to start non-profit organization or service, check for funding opportunities here. Find support and resources from your Langenburg Community Development Board.